Tuesday 14 April 2009

Do you love Jamie Oliver?

I have to say he gets on my nerves a little with all the banter but he does do some cracking recipes. His chilli and his bolognese are to die for and his steak sandwich is just divine. I did find the chilli wasn't quite hot enough though, even for me who doesn't do really spicy. I whacked in a few extra chillis and used hot chilli powder instead of mild and it was a big hit. Had some friends round and did a big pot of chilli for the carnivores and a vegetarian chilli (which was surprisingly nice) for the vegetarians with rice and a huge bowl of nachos. My nachos are really popular and so easy to do. I get a couple of packs of Chilli Heatwave Dorritos (any flavour will do though) and sprinkle them on a large microwavable plate, put dollops of Salsa on top and sprinkle lots of cheese on top of that. Put it in the microwave till the cheese melts and serve with sour cream - lovely. Now I am drooling on the keyboard and that is soooo not a good look.

Ok so now I have to go out and get some Dorritos cos I want Nachos - RIGHT NOW!

Will post a few pics of them later, hopefully before I finish them off or it will just be pics of an empty plate.

1 comment:

  1. I love Jamie recipes too but also find him a bit annoying! Your blogs are amaxing btw!

    I'll stay tuned for more! :)))

    Me x

    ReplyDelete